As part of the newest generation of BOBs boards, two buttons, and possibly (if I have enough pins left over) a few DIP switches. As a result, there has to be code to use these buttons and put them to work. This is where my new development board comes in. Continue reading Development
Some of the regular visitors may have noticed that the site has changed a little bit. I finally got time a few weeks ago to sit down and totally rewrite the theme. Three hours in total, at 2am I was posting the theme live.
A few items of update. First off, TI has launched a new product, the MSP430 Launchpad.
[singlepic id=120 w=320 h=240 float=left]
The Launchpad is a $4.30 with free shipping dev board for TI’s MSP430 chip family. On the board there is USB which supplies power, and acts as the debugging emulator and the programmer for the chip, and then a nice 20 pin DIP socket for the MSP430 chips. The board breaks out all of the pins for the chip, and also has a spot for an external crystal. After a very frustrating, and long cursing at TI’s servers spurt, which lasted a good day as the Launchpad was so popular I finally got around to placing my order, however the backorder for the Board looks like I will have it around the end of July, start of August sadly. Hopefully I can find, and build a dev environment for the MSP430 on linux, seeing as there is a GCC port for it already all that is left is integrating it with Code::Blocks, and finding a way to upload the code to the MSP430.
Other goodies that I have received include Continue reading Even more updates
The Sparkfun Autonomous Vehicle Competition is TODAY! Continue reading AVC ’10
Half the time, something works, the other half of the time it doesn’t, and the other half of the time, it just goes up in smoke. As such was the case with my V1.5 Rev. 1 quad motor controller. Continue reading BOB update
So I finally got around to fixing a few things, and cleaning the board up, here is BOB’s newest working version of his motor controller board. Continue reading Revision 2 of Quad Low-side “Taco”
So I finally got around to getting a board designed for Generation 3 electronics, but like everything else, being the first prototype board there were some things left out and other mistakes.
[singlepic id=73 w=320 h=240 float=]
Also the Code has been updated, please check it out at: http://github.com/JoshAshby/Robotbob/tree/experimental
Been under the weather the past few days, so it’s been all coding while laying in bed.
First off, I’ve started to mess around with the Open Frameworks and I must say, it is amazing from the little I’ve touched. I’ve managed to make a simple GUI that has 4 buttons laid out in a d-pad style from a game pad. when you click on any circle it will light up, and when the corresponding key on the keyboard (a,s,d,w) is pressed that circle with light up also. Finally, when the circles light up, they write a byte to the serial port. This will probably later on become the new GUI for BOB.
Along with this, the newer Arduino IDE’s do not support (or like to even play nice with) my avr iscp so I’ve had to resort to using avrdude, which isn’t bad by it’s self, but having to manually set up the project folders and copy the libraries and all that is a pain. Because I like the Code::Blocks IDE (which is what the Linux version of Open Frameworks uses also) I decided to make a project template for using the Arduino libraries. After many errors:
I finally got help from Reggie on freenode/#sparkfun and was able to get a working project that used the Arduino libraries in Code::Blocks:
I have a github repository for any templates I make for Code::Blocks.
Well, finally had some time off of school to get a new updated brochure for BOB, here it is: BOB Handout I hopefully to get some time to work on BOB soon, I got a single board P1 pc from my FIRST coach to mess around with and I hope to get it up and running with a linux system and on BOB.
I also got a logo for the Bouncing Off Bumpers project complete:
[singlepic id=25 w=320 h=240 float=]
Well, I finally got around to writing my first library for C. The library’s for the arduino IDE, and it has the basic stuff to drive my robot around, go forward, go backward, stop, turn left, and turn right. You can find the code here: http://tinyurl.com/kmqem5 and BOB’s github repo. here: http://github.com/JoshAshby/Robotbob/tree/master.