Well, after having ran Cyanogenmod 7.1RC for a few weeks, I though it was fit to see about getting some unix tools since I can ssh into my phone.
Welcome to the new JoshAshby.com Server!
I finally got around to making a memory efficient web server on my VPS so now JoshAshby.com is hosted thanks to GenVPS, lighttpd, php5, mysql, maradns, vsftpd and openSSH. Enjoy!
Time for the yearly new theme design (some may notice that for the last few weeks, I’ve been running a stock theme because a few features in my old one were being broken) So until I get this theme worked out and going, I maybe bouncing around themes.
Just felt like doing a short thing on why I love to take photos.
Those of you who know me, and have done things like go on hikes with me, or been around me when I have my camera, know that I tend to take a lot of photos. In a week I can do upwards of 1000 if not more (but only a few make it onto flickr, for those who watch my stream).
After several weeks of limited development due to finals in school, I have been able to sit around for several days and completely rewrite my API for the third time in Python. My first version was rewritten in Object Oriented Perl, however I found that I could not easily do everything I wanted to do with Perl, and I discovered the Web.py project for Python and fell in love. I also found CoffeeScript and have finally began to work a lot with it.
Had some fun writing the base API and client functions for an inventory control software this weekend. I’ve learned a little bit about Bluetooth and working with Python on Android (with the aid of SL4A) along with writing an API in Perl.
Ever since I released version 2 of PyTe, I have spent most of my python programming time fixing bugs that I find in him. I eventually got to the point where I just removed most of the problematic code (although many bugs still existed after this also). Continue reading Pyte
As part of the newest generation of BOBs boards, two buttons, and possibly (if I have enough pins left over) a few DIP switches. As a result, there has to be code to use these buttons and put them to work. This is where my new development board comes in. Continue reading Development
Some of the regular visitors may have noticed that the site has changed a little bit. I finally got time a few weeks ago to sit down and totally rewrite the theme. Three hours in total, at 2am I was posting the theme live.
I have just recently started to build my own Eagle parts library as I move to SMD parts, and parts that are not as common as resistors for footprints.
You can get the library here, along with an updated/fixed version of the Sparkfun library that has the correct pin-out for the Attiny45-SOIC-8.