Time for the yearly new theme design (some may notice that for the last few weeks, I’ve been running a stock theme because a few features in my old one were being broken) So until I get this theme worked out and going, I maybe bouncing around themes.
Just felt like doing a short thing on why I love to take photos.
Those of you who know me, and have done things like go on hikes with me, or been around me when I have my camera, know that I tend to take a lot of photos. In a week I can do upwards of 1000 if not more (but only a few make it onto flickr, for those who watch my stream).
After several weeks of limited development due to finals in school, I have been able to sit around for several days and completely rewrite my API for the third time in Python. My first version was rewritten in Object Oriented Perl, however I found that I could not easily do everything I wanted to do with Perl, and I discovered the Web.py project for Python and fell in love. I also found CoffeeScript and have finally began to work a lot with it.
Had some fun writing the base API and client functions for an inventory control software this weekend. I’ve learned a little bit about Bluetooth and working with Python on Android (with the aid of SL4A) along with writing an API in Perl.
Ever since I released version 2 of PyTe, I have spent most of my python programming time fixing bugs that I find in him. I eventually got to the point where I just removed most of the problematic code (although many bugs still existed after this also). Continue reading Pyte
As part of the newest generation of BOBs boards, two buttons, and possibly (if I have enough pins left over) a few DIP switches. As a result, there has to be code to use these buttons and put them to work. This is where my new development board comes in. Continue reading Development
Some of the regular visitors may have noticed that the site has changed a little bit. I finally got time a few weeks ago to sit down and totally rewrite the theme. Three hours in total, at 2am I was posting the theme live.
I have just recently started to build my own Eagle parts library as I move to SMD parts, and parts that are not as common as resistors for footprints.
You can get the library here, along with an updated/fixed version of the Sparkfun library that has the correct pin-out for the Attiny45-SOIC-8.
My first etching tutorial was both my first tutorial, and also a tutorial in a subject that was fairly new to me at the time. In other words, it sucked. Big time.
This time I’m going to try to do it right, and have photos to prove it, So lets get started. Today I’m going to teach you, or make a feeble attempt at teaching, how to etch a board, from start to finish.
A few items of update. First off, TI has launched a new product, the MSP430 Launchpad.
[singlepic id=120 w=320 h=240 float=left]
The Launchpad is a $4.30 with free shipping dev board for TI’s MSP430 chip family. On the board there is USB which supplies power, and acts as the debugging emulator and the programmer for the chip, and then a nice 20 pin DIP socket for the MSP430 chips. The board breaks out all of the pins for the chip, and also has a spot for an external crystal. After a very frustrating, and long cursing at TI’s servers spurt, which lasted a good day as the Launchpad was so popular I finally got around to placing my order, however the backorder for the Board looks like I will have it around the end of July, start of August sadly. Hopefully I can find, and build a dev environment for the MSP430 on linux, seeing as there is a GCC port for it already all that is left is integrating it with Code::Blocks, and finding a way to upload the code to the MSP430.
Other goodies that I have received include Continue reading Even more updates